8th Annual Trusts and Investment Conference
On November 8-10th, 2021, gather with over 300 like-minded people to ReNew the passion and determination we all have to not only be seen but to be heard and included within the Economy at the Virtual 8th Annual Trust and #Investment #Conference.
Topics for this conference will include:
- How does a Trust work?
- How to read an Investment Policy Statement?
- US Tax exemption
- How are Trusts established?
- What is the role of an Investment Manager?
- What is the role of a Trustee?
- What is a Trust Administer and what is their role?
- What say does the Chief and Council have in the operation of a Trust?
- Information on using Alternative Investments in Indigenous Trusts. There are pros (long-term capital growth) and cons (little or no income produced). Before using these investments, FN’s/Trustees should consider these and determine what would be best for their trusts. Size/value of Trust, Investment policy are considerations as well.
- How we used our Trust to create a holistic centre
- Developing the Trust’s Investment Policies & Guidelines- Key Considerations
- How we used our Trust for education for our members
- How can the office assist our Trustees?
- Effective Minute Taking
- and more!