HURRY AND REGISTER TODAY! Time is running out and space is limited!
The National Aboriginal Trust Officers Association (NATOA) is a national charitable organization dedicated to assisting Aboriginal communities in building capacity within communities with their Trust Settlements. We invite you to join us at our 3rd annual Conference, held May 30-June 1, 2016 at the Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre in Toronto, Ontario. This year’s theme is ‘Celebrating Indigenous Success’.
We invite Chiefs, CEO’s, Executive Directors, Band Managers, Trust Officers, Council Members, Educators, Program Managers, Economic Development Officers, Band Administration, Finance, Aboriginal Business Owners, Aboriginal Consultants, Elected Leaders, Academic Leaders and Students, Mining/ Energy Executives, Law Firm Executives and other decision-makers to join us at our 3rd annual Conference.
Many Indigenous Communities and leaders have provided much to their communities and members over the past number of years. Reversing the years of negative factors have led to many incredible developments for our peoples and communities. Building off these successes helps us all build hope for our future generations. By sharing this success we all succeed.
CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
• Explore the Aboriginal Trust and Investment Industry
• Develop an understanding of the background, evolution and complexities of Aboriginal Trusts
• Learn to identify your needs and those you may work with to help you manage your vital Community assets
• Network and develop working relationships with world wide leaders in the Trust Investment Community
• Enjoy engaging keynote speakers, Trade Show and cocktail reception at Real Sports Bar – watch the Blue Jays vs. Yankees, and test your swing on a golf simulator!
WORKSHOP TITLES INCLUDE
• Community Engagement
• Trusts 101
• Youth Engagement
• Managing Success
• Celebrating the Life of Tony Shirt
• Appreciative Inquiry – An Approach Toward Success
• Let a Well-Constructed Investment Policy Be Your Road Map
• Highlighting Successful Aboriginal Women
• Careers in the Aboriginal Trust and Investment Sector
• Effective Communication Strategies for Engaging Your Community
• Amending a First Nation Trust Agreement
• Creating Sustainable Income for Your Community
• Time and Patience – Key Ingredients to Financial Success
• Managing a Trust Budget
• Investing for Impact
• Measuring the Impact of Your Projects and Distribution of Funds
• Successful Approaches to Effective Trust Management
• Spending Policy
• Philanthropy and Charitable Status for First Nations
• Private and Public Investing – Work Together to Provide Benefits to the Local Community
• Meeting Your Trust Objectives is Much more Than Simply Finding a Good Investment Manager
• Economic Development and Investment Program (EDIP)
• Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
… and more!
Check out the Agenda: Click here to view the Agenda
REGISTER ONLINE: Click here to register online
REGISTER OFFLINE: Click here to download printable form to fax or email
• Aboriginal NATOA Member* – $600 ea. +HST
• Aboriginal Non-Member – $900 ea. +HST
• Industry NATOA Member** – $1,200 ea. +HST
• Industry Non-Member – $1,700 ea. +HST
• Students*** – $450 ea. +HST
• Elders**** – $450 ea. +HST
*A Trustee or Council who may or may not be Aboriginal
**A for-profit organization who is Aboriginal or non-Aboriginal
***Valid Student ID, under 25 years, student in a NATOA Member Community
****Age 60 and older with valid ID and a member of NATOA
TRADESHOW – SOLD OUT!
Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
525 Bay Street, Toronto, ON M5G 2L2
Phone: (416) 597-9200
Hotel rate: $197/ night
Please contact ‘Aboriginal Travel Services’, an official partner of NATOA, and you can save 10% off flights as well as discounted car rentals and hotel rates. To get these amazing rates, please contact Scott Roberts at (604) 678-4890 or email Scott at email@example.com.
Please check back often for updates!
For more information, please contact NATOA:
Toll Free: 1-866-409-1315
HELP PROMOTE NATOA’s 3rd Annual Indigenous Trust and Investment Conference “Celebrating Indigenous Success” and Annual General Meeting in Toronto, ON!
Share the excitement of the NATOA 3rd Annual Indigenous Trust and Investment Conference and Annual General Meeting with your colleagues and networks by copying and pasting the blurb below to your social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.):
NATOA 3rd Annual Indigenous Trust and Investment Conference “Celebrating Indigenous Success” and Annual General Meeting
Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre | Toronto, Ontario | May 30 – June 1, 2016