Advisory Committee Mandate
The Advisory Committee’s mandate is to ensure that the Board has access to high quality technical expertise in all matter that affects Aboriginal Trusts and Investment portfolios and the management of the Association. It acts as a resource to the Board in providing expertise and advice within the members own area of specialization. It establishes and maintains a process for communication and reporting to ensure effective and appropriate Research Library content on behalf of the Board.
• In consultation with the Board, develops the necessary content for the Research Library
• Assist in recruiting members of NATOA
• Assist in recruiting members of the Peer Review Committee
• To attend meetings and events and make presentations at meetings and educational forums as requested by the Board
• Make recommendations to the Board regarding succession planning for the Committee and Committee size
• Work collaboratively with the Executive and any Committees established by the Board on projects and strategic advice as directed by the Board
• All members of the Advisory Committee must be members in good standing of NATOA.
The Advisory Committee is accountable to the Board of Directors.
Minimum of quarterly, or at the call of the Chair.
A majority of the Committee Members shall form a quorum.
Questions arising at any meeting of the Committee shall be decided by a majority of votes. In case of an equality of votes, the Chair of the meeting, in addition to his or her original vote, shall have a second or casting vote.
Although formal decision making is based on a majority vote it is the intention, as much as is possible, that all decisions are made on a consensus basis. In the case where a consensus cannot be reached and the Committee has a strong divergence of opinions, the Committee will inform the Board of the divergence and ensure that the Board is apprised of both views.
Term of Appointment
Members are appointed for a term of 3 years. Members may be reappointed to successive terms at the discretion of the Board.
Director, Aboriginal Banking
BMO Bank of Montreal British Columbia and Yukon
Chief Executive Officer, New Relationship Trust
Vice President, Aboriginal Services, T.E. Wealth
B.A., FCSI, CFA
Vice President, Beutel Goodman Investment Counsel
CPA, CGA, MBA, CAFM
Senior Manager, BC Lead Aboriginal Client Services, Deloitte Vancouver
Vice President, Lincluden